We will update this section with more questions and answers.
1. Where will the Fire Station be located?
The Fire Station will be operating out of the current fire station location – 117 High Street.
2. When will Fire Station #1 be fully operating under the City of Grand Blanc management?
The Fire Station will be fully operational on or before July 25, 2019.
3. Will there be an interruption of service?
There will NOT be an interruption of service.
4. Will the response times be consistent with past practices?
Yes, response times will remain consistent with past practices.
5. What will be the hours of operation?
The Hours of Operation are being worked out and will be updated here soon.
6. Will my taxes be raised to pay for the new department?
Your taxes will not be raised at this time to fund this new department.
7. When will fire equipment be purchased?
Fire equipment will be purchased before the station opens.
8. How will fire equipment be purchased?
Fire equipment will be purchased using designated funds.
9. Who will be the Fire Chief?
Dennis Smith will be the First Fire Chief of the City of Grand Blanc Fire Department.
10. How many firefighters will be employed?
Dependent on staffing and scheduling needs, firefighters will be recruited for paid on-call positions.
11. Who will staff the department?
We will have a Full-Time Fire Chief and paid on-call firefighters to start the department.
12. How will you staff the department?
The department will be staffed with trained firefighters. Currently, we have 8 committed firefighters ready to join our staff. We are interviewing more. There will be more trained at the Genesee County Firefighter Academy starting in October.
13. What are the requirements for firefighters on the scene of an active situation?
We will follow the standards set by the NFPA, including the two in/two out Rule.
14. Can we tour the Fire Department?
Yes, the station will be open and appointments can be made to tour the facility.